Birth Doula Care for families in the Nene Valley area
Every woman, every pregnancy and every birth is unique – and so are my packages. My birth package is carefully designed to meet your needs and your budget. Payment plan options from £35/month are available.
Basic Birth Package:
- Initial consultation FREE of charge
- 2 antenatal visits ~ to discuss your pregnancy, birth preferences and needs
- Assistance writing your birth ‘plan’
- 24 hour telephone and email support from the time of booking to 6 weeks post delivery
- Continuous labour support from the onset of active labour (or earlier if needed) until 1-2 hours after birth.
- Help to initiate breastfeeding if desired
- Non-medical comfort measures including relaxation techniques, visualisation, massage and position changes
- 1 Postnatal visit ~ to assist with breastfeeding and answer any questions you may have. We will also discuss the birth
- Being on-call 24/7 from 38 weeks until your baby is born
- Access to the Thula Mama library and list of local resources
- Back-up Doula
The number of visits is not set in stone. If you book me a long time in advance of your birth, it may be useful to meet up more than twice. I’m also available for extra visits during the on-call period when you just need a bit of encouragement or distraction!
Price: £350 – £850 on a sliding scale plus travel costs (mileage above 40 mile per round trip charged at 45p per mile)
My sliding fee scale attempts to make my services available to everyone at a level they can afford, and increases proportionate to income. Paying my full fee allows me to be able to offer my services at a lower cost to those who would not otherwise be able to access my support. It’s not perfect, but I feel better about it than the flat fee I used to charge!
Shared Care Birth Package
I prefer to limit the number of clients I take on in order to give them my full support. However, if I am not available for the entirety of your on call period, I can offer you the option of shared care with another local doula that I know and trust. This means that you get all the benefits of my usual package but with two doulas to support you and the safety of knowing that in the unlikely event that I am unable to be there on the day, you will have the support of a doula you have met and feel comfortable with. We generally do all antenatal and postnatal visits together so that you get to know us both and one of us will attend the birth, unless you request otherwise. We have six children between us and have a range of experience that we bring to our work.
Price: £550 – £850 on a sliding scale plus travel costs (mileage above 40 mile per round trip charged at 45p per mile)